Single-Tasking from practicalist.com
- start work right away each morning
- minimize interruptions, feed reading, chat/IM
- maximize working on one thing at a time
- use phone or in-person visit for roadblocks or
questions (not chat)
- send email anytime
- check email only at 10am, 1pm, and 4pm
- no email evenings or weekends
- focus on 1-3 activities each day
- log 1-3 updates each day
- stop work at 6pm, no exceptions
This is ideal for some industries, like designers and creatives. This schedule was created to avoid interruptions & distractions.
How does this work for people in ministry? We’re taught that ministry is about the interruptions.
Ministry or not, how are you at single vs. multi-tasking? Is multi-tasking really that effective?